Monday, March 23, 2009

The Airplane Adventure..


We are so excited to be in Dallas for 5 weeks! We decided to come home for an extended vacation. My good friend Rachel is getting married this next weekend and my sister in-law Brianna is getting married the last weekend in April. Brian will be working in the Dallas office for part of our trip. It is great to be home, we miss Coppell.

Thank you for all the prayers Thursday night when we were flying. I know many of you are interested to hear how the flight was. I do not recommend flying by yourself with a one year old and a two year old if you have a choice. Since I had no other options here it goes....

Security took us about 30 minutes, I felt a major sense of accomplishment once we made to the terminal. Little Nate feel asleep on the way to the airport and did not wake up until I had had to set him on the floor of the Jetway to fold up the stroller. He woke up a little disjointed and wanted me to hold him. Since he would not walk I carried both boys and two backpacks on to the plane. I got a lot of "What was she thinking" looks, but o well this is our life :) I am sure the guy in our row wished he would have selected any other seat on the plane . Overall the boys did better that I had mentally prepared myself for. The low point of the flight: I was changing Ben's diaper in the seat (gross I know) while he was licking the headrest owww! Then he leans over and pulls the lady's hair in the row ahead of us. This is when I decided if someone was filming us on the flight we would have made a very entertaining reality segment. One of my favorite parts of the flight was Nate pointing to Ben several times yelling "His name is BEN". I guess he was excited to introduce his brother to the rest of the passengers on the plane. Part of me really enjoyed the adventure and I am very proud of us for doing it on our own. I am glad to say that Brian will be flying back to Cali with us so it should be a breeze (we hope)

Friday we went to Anamias with my family and Brian's family to celebrate being all together! (we miss you Brian) I was so excited to get my hands on some queso and margs. California does not have queso, can you believe it.

The family at Anamias
Juee and Benny
MiMi and Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment